SWOT / DAFO BVS
Para editar este documento es necesário estar registrado en la opción registrarse/entrar (canto superior derecho). To edit this document you must be registered in the option register / log in (upper right corner).
Para más información vea Orientaciones para análisis de escenário (DAFO). Fore more information see Instructions to the Scenario Analysis (SWOT) http://bvsencuentros2011.bireme.org/?page_id=284.
Fortalezas | Strenghts
- Technical Committee set up
- Continued support from the representation, Bireme and KMC.
- Strengthened partnerships between, Ministry of Health academic institutions and other counterparts working in health.
- Several public health training institutions (public and private) that could use and derive the benefits of VHL within their operations
Debilidades | Weakness
- Lack of human resources trained in VHL methodologies.
- Lack of visualization of the national production of scientific and technical health information,
- Lack of peer previewing on indigenous health information
- Lack of understanding amongst institutions/agencies/partners of the role, benefits and importance of VHL within a public health setting
- Absence of capacity within focal agencies/institutions to develop content for VHL (publications, dissertation, etc.) dissemination
Oportunidades | Opportunities
- Consolidation of biomedical information, public health and equity in a single platform.
- Involve new academic centers, health information producers.
- Promotion and dissemination of VHL through collaborative and innovative mechanisms (social networks, websites, focal agencies, etc)
- Support interaction and collaboration between the different experiences of VHL.
Amenazas | Threats
- Integration of VHL into MoH programmes information and vice versa.
- Rapidly evolution of new trends in information and knowledge through the use of various ICT mechanisms (user-friendly content management software).
- Constant changes of institutional staff (human resources; staffing)
- Poor political and financial support (Budget stability).
- Little maintenance of the VHL information space and services.
- Poor dissemination of the VHL.