LILACS (Literatura Latino-Americana em Ciências da Saúde – Latin American and Caribbean Health Sciences Literature) is a bibliographic index of scientific and technical production in the health sciences published in Latin America and the Caribbean.
LILACS has various dimensions depending on the facet necessary for its development.
A simple way of defining LILACS is as a model for the publication of a source of scientific and technical information on the internet, produced in a decentralized manner and with a basis in methods and standards the promote quality, consistency and interoperability of the inserted data.
Depending on the public and the need, LILACS is a:
- Source of information, database, index, or repository;
- Methodology for the treatment of information;
- Management system for the flow of information;
- Scientific and technical cooperation network;
LILACS journal indexing
- Journals indexed in LILACS
- LILACS-Express journals (included in LILACS as published, without rigid review of data and without subject descriptors)
- Journals indexed in the BDENF (Base de dados em Enfermagem – Nursing Database)
- Journals indexed in the Psi Index (Psychology Database; list available at BVS Psychology).
- Journal evaluation
- Evaluation and selection process for LILACS journals
- Criteria for the selection and permanence of LILACS journals - Journal Selection and Permanence Criteria Available at the LILACS Methodology Portal
Documents in the phase of validation
Read more about Interoperability between LILACS and Dublin Core Qualified to understand the reason for the validation of the document below:
- Minimum metadata for Journal Articles (S as)
- Criteria for the selection and permanence of LILACS Brazil journals
Initiatives in development
- LILACS Manuals, Guides, Technical notes and Recommendation
- Interoperability between LILACS and IS;
- LILACS Submission
- Media Portal: Upload of Media (in Portuguese)
- Frequently asked questions about LILACS
- LILACS Methodology
- LILACS Communication Channels
References of interest
Pires-Alves, Fernando A. A biblioteca da saúde das américas: a Bireme e a informação em ciências da saúde 1967-1982. (In Portuguese)