Updating Common Bases
LILDBI-Web software is currently used for administration of databases according with the LILACS Methodology. As other systems, LILDBI-Web has common bases which allow the filling of some fields by selection, without needing to enter data. This resource helps in the standardization of the entries. Some of these bases contain data that are changed with a certain frequency, and thus, need to be updated in each instance of LILDBI-Web.
This applies to common bases of abbreviated titles of LILACS periodicals and Cooperating Centers (CC) codes.
About the update
A new version of the update file of the common bases is provided automatically every day, even though there is no new data.
If a Cooperating Center become responsible for indexing a particular journal, it´s necessary to update common bases.
Each CC is responsible for updating their LILDBI-Web instance.
Exceptions occur when the CC is a member of a Thematic Network (Nursing, Dentistry and Psychology) which data entry is made centrally in a single database. Thus, the update must be made by the Network Coordination. However, if the CC cooperates with the thematic base and also maintains an institutional base, the CC will be responsible for updating their base.
Note: Update of common bases should not be confused with the version update of LILDBI-Web system.
Before updating DeCS, it should be made backup of the system and databases.
Also, make sure there isn´t non-certified records on the Documentalist base.
Download file to update
- Click on the corresponding option according to the operational system used:
- Clicking on this option, it opens a window to download a compressed file. Save this file to a location of your choice.
- File for Windows: upd-BVSLILACS-win.zip
- File for Linux: upd-BVSLILACS-lin.tgz
Deactivate LILDBI-Web system
- Access the Administrator profile from LILDBI-Web.
In the LILDBI-Web menu, go to "System" and "Notify Users".
- Edit your notice to users. Then click "Confirm".
- After confirmation, you will return to the home screen of the administrator profile. The system is still active. Click "Deactivate system"
- Then the system will be unavailable for Documentalist and Editor profiles.
- To check the warning message to the user, even as an administrator, click "Change Profile" on the system menu. Enter your password and select the Documentalist or Editor profile to view the notice.
- And confirm "system is unavailable" message.
- Unzip the downloaded files and perform activities as the LILDBI-WEB readme common databases.
Activate the LILDBI-web system
- Re-access the LILDBI-Web by the Administrator profile and click "Activate system."
- After activating the system, access LILDBI-Web by Documentalist profile and check if the updates were successful.
Questions or problems, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.